Monday, August 17, 2009

Craft Showers and Boutonnieres

In leiu of a bachelorette party, my best friend and sister held a "Craft Shower" in my honor over the weekend, which was a huge help in getting a lot of the 'bulk' wedding crafts finished up. This includes our favors, the place cards, a cute little "Lovebirds" banner for random usage, and also our cupcake pennants.

I've been plugging away on my wedding dress as well, it's coming along nicely. My goal is to have it finished up by the end of this week - totally doable. I just need to keep chugging along!

I plan on making the boutonnieres for the boys sometime next week. I stumbled across these gorgeous bespoke pieces by Fritts Rosenow a few months back, and KNEW that I had to make our boys something equally cool:



So, off I went to eBay, and bought these lovely brass airplanes; they are about 2.5 inches long and the perfect thing for our vintage airplane mini-theme. Plus, the boys think they're pretty cool. I plan on using some lovely aqua-striped grosgrain ribbon and maybe a bit of floral trim to complete each piece.



Overall, we have most of the crafting for the big day done. All I need to complete are our table numbers, the boutonnieres, my hat/veil/headpiece, and of course my dress. Tally-ho!

0 comments:

Post a Comment