Monday, March 2, 2009

Guest List. Or How I Happened Upon the Gates of Hell.

No one told me it would be so hard.

Maybe I just care too much for people's feelings? I keep telling myself that I'm one of the only people left in this world who still has feelings of some sort, and that I'm just too sensitive. It isn't helpin!

Ryan and I both have HUGE. GIGANTIC. ENORMOUS. families. And there's the rub.

We want to limit our not-so-small wedding reception to 200 guests. No kiddies allowed - this ain't the circus - and that helps free up some seats. But the problem is that out of my allotted 100 guests, 85 of my spots are taken by family and Mom's invites. 85!! I do actually have more than 15 friends and guests that I'd like to invite, ya know?

So basically, people are getting chopped left and right. I don't want to hurt any of my intentioned guests' feelings - especially friends who aren't super close to me but close enough that I'd like them to be at our wedding. However. I just don't think there's room! I'm NOT paying for the catering in the end (but just about everything else), so if there's a larger guest list than intended, then so be it.

My mom and I combined have too many friends. We're people-people. That's what this really boils down to. We're too friendly!

Guest list making sucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment