Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Love Paper Dolls - or - the Official Invite Sneak Peek

I've been working hard on our invitation design, I'd like to have them letterpressed and I'm just getting to the point where I can start poking around for estimates. Anyway, here's a quick preview of our invites, they have to be formatted to fit into a standard envelope size due to my insatiable desire to have actual airmail envelopes. Also, I like paper dolls. So I made Ryan and I into paper dolls. Working paper dolls.

These are made to be laid side by side for ultimate sappiness (ignore the full bleed aspect of these at the moment). The ink colors are NOT going to be grey and black, they will actually be in red ink with blind embossed details... on ecru paper. Lovely! I did draw these out by hand, then scanned them into illustrator and auto-traced them to create a more letterpress friendly version.

Yes, I drew myself wearing my actual wedding dress design - which I haven't started on yet! Eek!

4 comments:

LittleLovables said...

wow, those look incredible! I hope your wedding photos will be on vintage glam blog

Jess Snell said...

Thanks LittleLovables - I've been working very hard on all of the design elements for our big day.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this. My fiancee is a sailor in the Navy and we really want to do a 1940s/WW2 theme for our wedding. Finding sites like this makes me happy. If you have any links for inspiration, please let me know!

Jess Snell said...

Hiya mrsazon, congrats on your upcoming nuptials! Two great resources I've been using are:

http://vintageglamblog.com/

http://offbeatbride.com/

Post a Comment